<MP>Sunday, 10 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 08:41:18 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Scholastica (480-542?)
Twins often share the same interests and ideas with an equal intensity.
Therefore, it is no surprise that Scholastica and her twin brother,
Benedict, both established religious communities within a few miles from
each other. Born in 480 of wealthy parents, Scholastica and Benedict were
brought up together until he left for Rome to continue his studies. For more
on this Saint, click the link below:

But the serpent said to the woman: "You certainly will not die! No, God
knows well that the moment you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you
will be like gods who know what is good and what is evil." ~ Genesis 2:7-9;
3:1-7

Then the devil took him up to a very high mountain, and showed him all the
kingdoms of the world in their magnificence, and he said to him, "All these
I shall give to you, if you will prostrate yourself and worship me."
~Matthew 4:1-11

Sometimes we discount the power of Satan, listening to the voices around us
telling us that such a belief is "old fashioned."  We hear many voices
telling us that we don't have to follow "all" the Commandments, go to
Church, pray or obey the Church's Marriage Laws.  We play into Satan's hand
as we live much of our lives out of the state of grace.  We can lose
everything before we realize it.

I pray that I can always remember that the power of God is infinitely
stronger than the power of Satan.  I pray that I may turn back to God with
all my heart, ready to follow God's commandments and draw near to the God
who so much wants to draw near to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Anna requests prayers for her brother who was admitted to hospital for
kidney stones - that he will have a speedy recovery. A member requests
prayers for two special intentions. Betty asks for prayers for a 2 yr. who
was abused, had blood clot on brain, a stroke and still in a coma.

Pat asks prayers for herself as she begins spiritual direction on  February
13th. Mary asks prayers for her daughter who is in pain and experiencing
neurological problems, that doctors are able to treat and heal her. Bill
asks for prayers for his brother who died last week, just six weeks after
another brother died.

JP offers prayers of thanksgiving for wife's favorable lab test results on
bones believed to be infected. Nancy from PA requests prayers for her niece
who is in a marriage filled with many problems that she may be given the
wisdom and courage to do what is right for her family. A mother is praying
her son will be given a job offer soon as he has been out of work since
December.

Eleanor asks prayers for a special intention. Phyllis and John are asking
prayers for their grandson who is being tested for a blood disorder, please
God bless this boy and his family. Don requests prayers for his family who
have addiction and mental problems.

Helen-Ann asks prayers for a special intention. Bettye offers prayers of
thanksgiving for good reports on cancer follow up tests and for one more
coming up soon. Catherine asks prayers for her friend who is suffering from
several forms of cancer. A member asks for prayers for her niece that she
open her eyes to the beauty of her faith and follow God's will.

Crispin and Anne ask prayers for special intentions. Suzanne asks prayers
for a special intention.