<MP>Monday, 11 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:27:37 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link:

       www.frpat.com/stations.htm

Our Lady of Lourdes
I had the privilege to Celebrate Mass at Lourdes during our 2006 Pilgrimage
On December 8, 1854, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of the Immaculate
Conception in the apostolic constitution Ineffabilis Deus. A little more
than three years later, on February 11, 1858, a young lady appeared to
Bernadette Soubirous. This began a series of visions. During the apparition
on March 25, the lady identified herself with the words: "I am the
Immaculate Conception." Bernadette was a sickly child of poor parents. Their
practice of the Catholic faith was scarcely more than lukewarm. Bernadette
could pray the Our Father, the Hail Mary and the Creed. She also knew the
prayer of the Miraculous Medal: "O Mary conceived without sin."  For more,
click the link below:

The LORD said to Moses, "Speak to the whole assembly of the children of
Israel and tell them: Be holy, for I, the LORD, your God, am holy.
~Leviticus 19:1-2, 11-18

'Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of
mine, you did for me.'  ~ Matthew 25:31-46

God calls us to obey His Commandments.  On the other hand, the Commandments
lead us to action.  We are called to meet the simplest needs of those around
us out of love for God Himself.

I pray that I may stay close to God by keeping His Commandments.  I pray
that my love for God may overflow, that I may love and help those around me
who need my help.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Joyce asks prayers of healing for her daughter who will go to NYC for chemo
on 2/14/08. Verda asks prayers for her friend who broke her leg. A member
requests prayers of healing for a 23-year-old woman who has been diagnosed
with cervical cancer. Father asks for your prayers to God to cure his son
from melanoma.

Marilyn asks prayers that her son-in-law may find employment soon as he has
been off work since August. Marie request prayers for healing of the
tendonitis in her groin, so that she will be able to walk without pain.