<MP>Saturday, 09 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 17:39:30 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well.  The plan
was to have new illustrations by this time, but the Art teacher at our
School has not had the kids complete the project yet.  The old illustrations
are still there, but one way or another, there will be new pictures soon.
Visit the Stations every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great
deal.  Here's the link:

       www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Jerome Emiliani (1481?-1537)
A careless and irreligious soldier for the city-state of Venice, Jerome was
captured in a skirmish at an outpost town and chained in a dungeon. In
prison Jerome had a lot of time to think, and he gradually learned how to
pray. When he escaped, he returned to Venice where he took charge of the
education of his nephews-and began his own studies for the priesthood.  For
more about this Saint, follow the link below:

Thus says the LORD: If you remove from your midst oppression, false
accusation and malicious speech; If you bestow your bread on the hungry and
satisfy the afflicted; Then light shall rise for you in the darkness, and
the gloom shall become for you like midday; Then the LORD will guide you
always and give you plenty even on the parched land. He will renew your
strength, and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring whose water
never fails.  ~ Isaiah 58:9b-14

The Pharisees and their scribes complained to his disciples, saying, "Why do
you eat and drink with tax collectors and sinners?" Jesus said to them in
reply, "Those who are healthy do not need a physician, but the sick do. I
have not come to call the righteous to repentance but sinners." Luke 5:27-32

Jesus pays a great deal of attention to us, as He waits for us to turn back
to him.  He knows that the "healthy do not need a physician, but the sick
do." We can use our Prayer, Fasting and Almsgiving to remove oppression from
our midst and to see that the needs of those around us are satisfied.  And
the Lord will renew our strength and we "shall be like a watered garden."

I pray that I may appreciate this Season the possibilities that lie before
me.  I pray that I may turn back to God with all my heart and pay attention
to meeting the needs of those around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mother asks prayers for son who is without a job and has a newborn child.
Tim asks for prayers for his wife who has a special intention. Dolly asks
prayer for herself, family and friends who need financial assistance.

Rosaline asks prayers for someone who has been diagnosed with Stage 4
cancer. Sue asks for prayers for her husband who meets with his doctor
Monday to discuss treatment. Evelyn asks prayers for her friend who fell
down the stairs, broke his neck, and has a spinal cord injury. Steve asks
prayers for his wife who has not only lost her job but is facing losing her
father to cancer.

Mary Anne asks prayers for a special intention. Marilyn asks prayers for a
special intention. Pam, a mother, asks prayers for her teenage son who is
fighting drug addiction and hurting himself physically  when he is
disappointed in himself, or sees disappointment in his family members faces.
Rose asks prayers that she will be healed from her anxiety and depression
and that she will not suffer from the dangerous side effects of her new
medication.