<MP>Sunday, 09 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 23:12:00 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F R .   P A T    H A S    T H E    F L U
Father Pat has the flu. For that reason prayer intentions will not be
include with Morning Prayer until he is feeling better.

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  The brochure will be available at the Web Site very soon.  $2699 from
Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure is available in
Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
They're in English and Spanish, for children and adults alike.  They've
been newly illustrated by the 4th Graders of Saint Pat's School. I think
you'll like them a great deal. Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Frances of Rome (1384-1440)
Frances?s life combines aspects of secular and religious life. A devoted
and loving wife, she longed for a lifestyle of prayer and service, so she
organized a group of women to minister to the needs of Rome?s poor. For
more, click the link below:

I will put my spirit in you that you may live,and I will settle you upon
your land;thus you shall know that I am the LORD.I have promised, and I
will do it, says the LORD.  ~ Ezekiel 37:12-14

But if Christ is in you,although the body is dead because of sin, the
spirit is alive because of righteousness.  ~ Romans 8:8-11

He cried out in a loud voice, ?Lazarus, come out!? The dead man came out,
tied hand and foot with burial bands, and his face was wrapped in a cloth.
So Jesus said to them, ?Untie him and let  him go.?  ~John 11:1-45

Jesus is our hope.  If Christ is in us, the spirit is alive! In our Gospel
we see Jesus compassion as he stands at the tomb of Lazarus and weeps.
Jesus, who knew he would see Lazarus again, still wept, out of love for
Lazarus and his family.  We can trust that our God is a God of compassion
who has experienced everything we do.  He is with us too in our grief!

I pray that I might live with the spirit within me.  I pray that I may
know that eternal life is mine.  I pray too, that I may understand the
Jesus with fully with me as I face the deaths of loved ones and the
reality of my own death.