<MP>Saturday, 08 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 19:33:49 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

F R .   P A T    H A S    T H E    F L U
Father Pat has the flu. For that reason prayer intentions will not be
include with Morning Prayer until he is feeling better.

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008.  The brochure will be available at the Web Site very soon.  $2699 from
Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The brochure is available in
Church or on-line.  Just follow the link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  They're available in English and Spanish as well.  Visit the
Stations every day during Lent.  They've been newly illustrated by the 4th
Graders of Saint Pat's School. I think you'll like them a great deal. Here's
the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit all my Lenten pages.  There are many resources, including resources
for Reconciliation (Confession), a great Examination of Conscience, and even
a "printable" Credit Card to Heaven that contains all the words you'll need
for Confession except the sins.  So, even if you haven't been to Confession
for 92 years, this can be the year for your!  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

St. John of God (1495-1550)
Having given up active Christian belief while a soldier, John was 40
before the depth of his sinfulness began to dawn on him. He decided to
give the rest of his life to God?s service, and headed at once for Africa,
where he hoped to free captive Christians and, possibly, be martyred. For
more, click the link below:

Yet I, like a trusting lamb led to slaughter, had not realized that they
were hatching plots against me: ?Let us destroy the tree in its vigor;
let us cut him off from the land of the living, so that his name will be
spoken no more.?  ~ Jeremiah 11:18-20

Some in the crowd who heard these words of Jesus said, ?This is truly the
Prophet.? Others said, ?This is the Christ.? But others said, ?The Christ
will not come from Galilee, will he? Does not Scripture say that the
Christ will be of David?s family and come from Bethlehem, the village
where David lived?? So a division occurred in the crowd because of him."
~ John 7:40-53

Many were very skeptical about Jesus.  Their pre-conceptions prevented
them from seeing who the Messiah truly was.

I pray that I may truly know the Messiah.  I pray that I may openly
believe in Him, tell others about Him, and accept his challenge to live a
new kind of life.