<MP>Sunday, 07 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 18:21:48 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

 According to the calendar of Saints:

Servant of God Joseph Perez (1890-1928)
"The blood of martyrs is the seed of the Church," said Tertullian in the
third century. Joseph Perez carried on that tradition. Joseph was born in
Coroneo, Mexico, and joined the Franciscans when he was 17. Because of
Mexico's civil unrest at that time (the forces of Pancho Villa had crossed
into New Mexico on a raid the previous year), he was forced to take his
philosophy and theology studies in California. For more, follow the link
below:

This is why you must now know, and fix in your heart, that the LORD is God
in the heavens above and on earth below,
and that there is no other. You must keep his statutes and commandments that
I enjoin on you today, that you and your children after you may prosper, and
that you may have long life on the land which the LORD, your God, is giving
you forever."  ~Deuteronomy 4:32-34, 39-40

Then Jesus approached and said to them, "All power in heaven and on earth
has been given to me. Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations,
baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy
Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold,
I am with you always, until the end of the age." ~Matthew 28:16-20

On the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity we enjoy what we believe about the
Trinity while we know that it is a deep and profound mystery.  We can
appreciate God the Father and the gift of Creation, of the world and of
ourselves.  We can appreciate God the Son, our redeemer who brings us
eternal life and forgiveness and is the living Word of God made Flesh. We
can appreciate God the Holy Spirit and the gifts of the Spirit we are given
to help us live lives according to our calling.

I pray that I may appreciate God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  I pray
that I may be a good disciple, picking up my cross each day and walking in
the footsteps of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Deanna requests prayers for her son who is enrolling in the seminary in the
fall to become a priest. Bridget asks prayers for a special intention. Ray
asks prayers for his brother-in-law's recovery from cancerous throat
surgery.

Pam asks prayers for her sister who is recovering from ankle surgery. Ann
asks prayers for Fr. Pat, for his continuing success with his health, that
we may have his great humanistic approach through his website and humor.
Renee requests prayers that her father's surgery goes well next week, that
she receives God's wisdom regarding possibly moving in to her deceased
brother's larger room, and that she and fellow young people find employment
soon.