<MP>Monday, 08 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 15:43:09 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. William of York (d. 1154)
A disputed election as archbishop of York and a mysterious death. Those are
the headlines from the tragic life of today's saint. Born into a powerful
family in 12th-century England, William seemed destined for great things.
His uncle was next in line for the English throne-though a nasty dynastic
struggle complicated things. William himself faced an internal Church feud.
Despite these roadblocks, he was nominated as archbishop of York in 1140.
Local clergymen were less enthusiastic, however, and the archbishop of
Canterbury refused to consecrate William. Three years later a neighboring
bishop performed the consecration, but it lacked the approval of Pope
Innocent II, whose successors likewise withheld approval. William was
deposed and a new election was ordered.   For more, follow the link below:

Our hope for you is firm, for we know that as you share in the sufferings,
you also share in the encouragement. ~2 Corinthians 1:1-7

Blessed are you when they insult you and persecute you and utter every kind
of evil against you falsely because of me.
Rejoice and be glad, for your reward will be great in heaven. ~Matthew
5:1-12

"Blessed are you."  And each blessing sounds a lot less like a blessing and
more like a curse.  Yet God is with His people, and promises that the
blessings will follow.  All we need to do is to trust that, and experience
the beneficent goodness of God.

I pray that my difficulties may be turned into blessings.  I pray that I may
trust in God's power to do this.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Petrona asks for God to touch his son to remove the demons of addiction off
his back. Bettye requests prayers that the report on her CAT scan of mouth
and jaw is a good report, requiring no further tests. Judith asks prayers
that she may stay with her weight program.