<MP>Saturday, 06 June 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 17:45:34 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Norbert (1080?-1134)
Friends sometimes jokingly mangle the name of the Premonstratensians into
"Monstrous Pretensions," just as the Franciscan O.F.M. is said to mean "Out
For Money." The name actually derives from Premontre, the region of France
where Norbert established this Order in the 12th century. Norbert's founding
of the Order was truly a monstrous task: combating rampant heresies
(particularly regarding the Blessed Sacrament), revitalizing many of the
faithful who had grown indifferent and dissolute, plus effecting peace and
reconciliation among enemies.   For more, follow the link below:

I was sent to put you to the test. At the same time, however, God
commissioned me to heal you and your daughter-in-law Sarah. I am Raphael,
one of the seven angels who enter and serve before the Glory of the Lord."
~Tobit 12:1, 5-15, 20

Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two
small coins worth a few cents. Calling his disciples to himself, he said to
them, "Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other
contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their
surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her
whole livelihood." ~Mark 12:38-44

Generosity is relative.  A small sum can be the larger gift from someone who
is in poverty.  Others might make large donations, but a miniscule amount
compared to the wealth they have stored up.  We can be inspired by the poor
widow who donated from her poverty all she had, he whole livelihood.

I pray that I may be a generous person.  I pray that I may even give from my
want.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary requests prayers of thanks to God for Fr. Pat being back at the help
here at frpat.com. A member asks prayers for a nephew & his family who are
facing problems with his gambling addiction & resultant legal problems. Jane
asks prayers for a special intention.

Judy asks prayers for a friend who has terminal cancer. Irma asks prayers
for a special intention. Lil ask prayers for a friend and her family whose
husband committed suicide.

Mary asks prayers for her and her husband to make a wise decision about his
possible future serious surgery. Member Sr. Frances asks prayers for several
intentions and healing. Kate asks prayers for a special intention.