<MP>Sunday, 06 May 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 06:46:21 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I
will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am
gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my
yoke is easy, and my burden is light."  ~Matthew 11:28-30

The way sometimes seems long and wary.  So many people today are weary.  The
weariness of others can often be shared by me.  The weary and the
heavy-laden, when they come to me, can be helped to find the rest that I
have found.  There is only one sure cure for world-weariness and that is
turning to spiritual things.  In order to help bring about the turning of
the weary world to God, I can dare to suffer, dare to conquer selfishness in
myself, and dare to be filled with spiritual peace in the face of all the
weariness of the world.

I pray that I may be a help to discouraged people.  I pray that I may have
the courage to help bring about what the weary world needs but does not know
how to get.

Mary asks prayers for her husband and herself. Juanita asks prayers of
thanksgiving for all the blessings He has bestowed upon her this last week.
Lynn asks prayers for her mother who will be finding out about test results
on her lungs on Tuesday that her results will be normal. Bill asks prayers
for his recovery from prostate cancer.

A member requests prayers for an end to her husband's pain, that the Lord
will relieve him of this pain, and for her son to do well on his final exams
next week. Mary asks prayers for her best friend who is courageously
supporting her seriously ill husband so that she, too, is able to cope with
the long road ahead of them. Jean requests prayers for her 4-year-old great
granddaughter who recently had surgery for removal of a malignant brain
tumor.

Nancy requests prayers for her son that God will guide him in his search for
a new job. Liz asks strong prayers for her son who suffers from Fibromyalgia
and complications from this. Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention.
Mary Anne asks prayers for a friend who has Leukemia. Sheila asks prayers
for a special intention. Joanna requests for prayers for her mom who is 87
years old and was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Alyce asks prayers for
the family of a little girl who died at one month after being born at 24
weeks.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site