<MP>Saturday, 30 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 17:08:31 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R

Visit my New Year's page for our New Year's wish for you, a New Year
Countdown, pledge of non-violence and much more.  Just follow the link from
www.frpat.com

E P I P H A N Y    W A L L P A P E R

Download the cutest Epiphany Windows Wallpaper you've ever seen.  Follow the
link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"For what will it profit them if they gain the whole world but forfeit their
life?"  ~Matthew 16:26

We can be failures in the deepest sense when we seek to live without God's
sustaining power.  Many of us try to be self-sufficient and seek selfish
pleasure and find that it does not work too well.  No matter how much
material wealth we acquire, no matter how much fame and material power, the
time of disillusionment and futility usually comes.  Death is ahead, and we
cannot take any material thing with us when we go.  "For what will it profit
them if they gain the whole world but forfeit their life?"

I pray that I will not come empty to the end of my life.  I pray that I may
so live that I will not be afraid to die.

Jeanie asks prayers for healing for her brother who is having surgery for
prostate cancer. Nancy from PA requests prayers for a close friend whose
mammogram showed a mass in her one breast that further tests will reveal no
cancer. Barbara requests prayers for her friend's son who is troubled and
currently in jail.

Jim requests prayers for his mother who has a tumor on her brain. Dianne
asks prayers for a special intention. Pat asks prayers for a special
intention. Carol request prayers for families who need hope during this
Holiday Season. A member kindly asks for prayers for her mom, who will be
undergoing treatment for cancer on January 2.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm