<MP>Sunday, 31 December 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:17:04 -0600

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
Start over!  Take a look at our New Year Card to you!

Visit our New Year Page for:
*Our New Year Card to You
*New Year's Countdown
*New Year's in the U.S.A.
*A Pledge of Non-Violence your family may wish to take!
*New Year Art and Projects
*New Year's Eve in Times Square
*How to Keep Your New Year's Resolution
*Much more!

Use the on-line Referral Form to recommend our page to your friends, too.
Just click the "New Year's" Link from:

     www.frpat.com/

S E N D    Y O U R    P R A Y E R S   T O   G U A D A L U P E

I'll be heading for Mexico City and Guadalupe on 08 January with two priest
friends.  We'll be happy to remember your prayer intentions when we visit
Guadalupe, at our daily Mass and at the many Churches we'll visit.  Just
submit your intention using the handy form linked from:

       www.frpat.com

E P I P H A N Y    W A L L P A P E R

Visit my Web Site to download Epiphany Windows Wallpaper, St. Pat's Church
in winter Wallpaper ... and take a look at Christmas pictures from Saint
Pat's as well.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

S P E C I A L    T H A N K S

Special thanks to those of you who have sent e-mail Christmas greetings and
made donations to our Web Ministry. Your generosity is inspiring and it
helps with software, web hosting, bandwidth and our own List Server.  Thanks
so very much!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of
righteousness.  As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready
to proclaim the gospel of peace.  With all of these, take the shield of
faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the
evil one.  Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which
is the word of God."  ~Ephesians 6:14-17

As we look back over the year just gone, it has been a good year to the
extent that we have put good thoughts, good words and good deeds into it.
None of what we have thought, said or done need be wasted. Both the good and
the bad experiences can be profited by.  In a sense, the past is not
entirely gone.  The result of it, for good or evil, is with us at the
present moment.  We can only learn by experience, and none of our experience
is completely wasted.  We can humbly thank God for the good things of the
year that has gone and commit ourselves to making the next year and the next
century even better.

I pray that I may carry good things into the year ahead.  I pray that I may
carry on with faith, with prayer and with hope.

A member asks prayers for healing in a relationship with a dear friend.
Helen asks prayers to find a missing cell phone and silver ring. Helen-Ann
asks prayers for our Holy Father Benedict as he works to serve God.  We pray
for the safety of New Year's Eve revelers and travelers as well.