<MP>Saturday, 29 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:04:53 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Blessed is anyone who endures temptation. Such a one has stood the test and
will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love
him.  No one, when tempted, should say, 'I am being tempted by God'; for God
cannot be tempted by evil and he himself tempts no one. But one is tempted
by one's own desire, being lured and enticed by it; then, when that desire
has conceived, it gives birth to sin, and that sin, when it is fully grown,
gives birth to death.  Do not be deceived, my beloved."  ~James 1:12-16

God will not allow us to be tempted above what we are able to endure. When
we are tempted, God will also show us a way of escape.  When we have faith
and trust in God, we have available to us all the strength we need to face
every temptation and to overcome it.  Nothing will be too hard for us to
bear.  We can face any situation.  "Be of good cheer, I have overcome the
world."  We can overcome any temptation with God's help.  So we need fear
nothing.

I pray that I may face every situation without fear.  I pray that nothing
will prove too hard for me to bear.

A member asks prayers for 26 year old mother of two will have colon removed.
A mother asks prayers that her son will move away from drugs and alcohol and
become a good father. Susan asks for prayers for guidance from the Holy
Spirit regarding employment.

Kate asks prayers for a friend who has multiple cancers and no more
treatment options. Verda, requests prayers for more children for her daycare
so she has a better income to pay  bills. Marie asks prayers for her
daughter who lost her 2 loyal companions and needs to fill the hole left in
her heart.

Marian asks prayers for her former husband who has emotional and mental
problems which affect his ability to hold a job and live a peaceful life. GI
Mom requests prayers for all the GI's in the 172 Stryker Brigade out of
Alaska who were preparing to return home when their orders were changed to
stay in Iraq for an additional term.

A mother asks for prayers for her son that he will put Jesus back in his
life, and that he will allow the Lord to direct him when he returns to
school and is also working full time. Pat requests prayers for her son in
law to take financial responsibility and not loose their home. Leila asks
for prayers for her granddaughter that she may allow God to lead her.

Annick from Scotland ask you to pray for a cousin's husband living in
France, who is very hill with a progressive cancer and has stopped eating
and drinking. Thank you very much. Wife asks prayers for successful surgery
for her husband.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.