<MP>Friday, 28 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:29:54 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"By the tender mercy of our God, the dawn from on high will break upon us,
to give light to those who sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to
guide our feet into the way of peace."  ~Luke 1:78

God can be our shield.  Then no problems of the world can harm us.
Between us and all scorn and indignity from others is our trust in God, like
a shining shield.  Nothing can then have the power to spoil our inward
peace. With this shield, we can attain this inward peace quickly, in our
surroundings as well as in our hearts.  With this inward peace, we do not
need to resent the person who troubles us. Instead, we can overcome the
resentment in our own mind which may have been aroused by that person.

I pray that I may strive for inward peace.  I pray that I may not be
seriously upset, no matter what happens around me.

A member asks prayers for a 29-year-old who committed suicide, for his
family and two small children. Marg asks prayers to sell her house. Rose
asks prayers for her daughter-in-law who broke both wrists.

Nancy from PA requests prayers for her son-in-law who is seeking a better
job that he may find one that brings him happiness and success. Marilynn
asks for prayers for her mother who is in 52nd day of intensive care. Fr.
Pat asks prayers of thanksgiving after the safe delivery of a baby born this
morning two months premature.

Marilyn asks prayers for the full recovery of her nephew who suffered a
stroke. Darlene requests prayers for two nursing school classmates who have
recurrent cancer. Dorothy asks prayers for her sister who will have breast
cancer surgery. Mom asks prayers for her husband and two adult sons to put
God first, to know Him better, and to return to Sunday Mass with pure
hearts.

Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Karl requests prayers for
himself,  to help decide if he should take a new job or stay at his old job.
Mary requests prayers for her brother who is battling melanoma and in
thanksgiving for bringing home a grandson from Israel.

Carol asks prayer for her son who needs wisdom with family and financial
problems.
Carol asks prayers for families who will be traveling. Leslie prays for a
new and  challenging job, where he can use his talents and abilities more
productively.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.