<MP>Sunday, 30 July 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 18:55:47 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"Jesus said to Thomas, 'Have you believed because you have seen me? Blessed
are those who have not seen and yet have come to believe.'" John 20:29

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not
seen."  Faith is not seeing, but believing.  Down through the ages, there
have always been those who obeyed the heavenly vision, not seeing but
believing in God.  Their faith was rewarded.  So shall it be for us. Good
things can happen to us.  We may not be able to see God, but we can see the
results of faith in human lives, changing those lives from defeat to
victory.  God's grace is available to all who have faith--not seeing, but
believing.  With faith, our lives can be victorious and happy.

I pray that I may have faith enough to believe without seeing.  I pray that
I may be content with the results of my faith.