<MP>Saturday, 29 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 15:54:40 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
Start over!  Take a look at our New Year Card to you!

Visit our New Year Page for:
*Our New Year Card to You
*New Year's in the U.S.A.
*A Pledge of Non-Violence your family may wish to take!
*New Year Art and Projects
*New Year's Eve in Times Square
*How to Keep Your New Year's Resolution
*Much more!

Download some Saint Pat's and Three Kings Windows Wallpaper as well.

Use the on-line Referral Form to recommend our page to your friends, too.
Just click the "New Year's" Banner from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Thomas Becket (1118-1170)
A strong man who wavered for a moment, but then learned one cannot come to
terms with evil and so became a strong churchman, a martyr and a saint-that
was Thomas Becket, archbishop of Canterbury, murdered in his cathedral on
December 29, 1170. For more, click the link below:

Whoever says he is in the light, yet hates his brother, is still in the
darkness. Whoever loves his brother remains in the light, and there is
nothing in him to cause a fall. Whoever hates his brother is in darkness; he
walks in darkness and does not know where he is going because the darkness
has blinded his eyes.  ~1 John 2:3-11

The child's father and mother were amazed at what was said about him; and
Simeon blessed them and said to Mary his mother,
"Behold, this child is destined for the fall and rise of many in Israel, and
to be a sign that will be contradicted (and you yourself a sword will
pierce) so that the thoughts of many hearts may be revealed."  ~Luke 2:22-35

Jesus comes into the world to bring light.  We cannot be in the light, yet
hate our brother or sister. As Jesus is presented in the temple, wonderful
things are said about him. Wonderful things are said about us too, when we
live in the light.

I pray that I may let go of any resentments I have and love my brother and
sister.  I pray that I may live in Christ's light and reflect that light to
others.