<MP>Friday, 28 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 20:50:35 -0600

H A V E   A   W O N D E R F U L   C H R I S T M A S    S E A S O N
Visit my Christmas page for new desktop wallpaper, our Christmas card to
you, a photo of Father Pat and his sister in Santa's lap, lots of Christmas
links and much more.  Just follow the banner link
from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Feast of the Holy Innocents
Herod became furious and "ordered the massacre of all the boys in Bethlehem
and its vicinity two years old and under." The horror of the massacre and
the devastation of the mothers and fathers led Matthew to quote Jeremiah: "A
voice was heard in Ramah,/sobbing and loud lamentation;/Rachel weeping for
her children..." (Matthew 2:18). Rachel was the wife of Jacob/Israel. She is
pictured as weeping at the place where the Israelites were herded together
by the conquering Assyrians for their march into captivity.

God is light, and in him there is no darkness at all. If we say, "We have
fellowship with him," while we continue to walk in darkness, we lie and do
not act in truth.  ~1 John 1:5-22

When the magi had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph
in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt,
and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to
destroy him."  ~Matthew 2:13-18

Jesus came into the world to bring light into the darkness.  There were
those who preferred the darkness that hid their deeds and allowed them to
hold on to their power. The light of Christ is brighter than any darkness
can be, and the life He brings is stronger than death.

I pray that I may accept the light of Christ into my heart and into my life.
I pray that I may allow Christ to transform me and help me bring light to
the darkness around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Leila is asking for prayers of healing for a friend's brother who has a
serious blood disorder. Nancy from PA offers prayers of thanksgiving for
being able to be taken off oxygen needed since surgery last January that God
be praised and glorified. Vilma asks prayers for her daughter's urinary
tract infection.

Brian requests your prayers for his older brother who has apparently
returned to drinking alcohol again, that he may be restored to sanity, get
honest with himself, and return to Alcoholics Anonymous.  A member asks for
prayers for a priest to be set free from an unhealthy attachment.