<MP>Sunday, 30 December 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 18:36:08 -0600

H A P P Y    N E W    Y E A R
Start over!  Take a look at our New Year Card to you!

Visit our New Year Page for:
*Our New Year Card to You
*New Year's in the U.S.A.
*A Pledge of Non-Violence your family may wish to take!
*New Year Art and Projects
*New Year's Eve in Times Square
*How to Keep Your New Year's Resolution
*Much more!

Download some Saint Pat's and Three Kings Windows Wallpaper as well.

Use the on-line Referral Form to recommend our page to your friends, too.
Just click the "New Year's" Banner from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Feast of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph
Today we reflect on the importance of the family.  We can be inspired by the
Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph ... with the many challenges and joys
that were part of their family life.  They knew the Lord's presence with
them always and were faithful to His call to live as a loving family.  We
can be inspired by them and use the light of Christ to do the same.

Whoever honors his father is gladdened by children, and, when he prays, is
heard. Whoever reveres his father will live a long life; he who obeys his
father brings comfort to his mother.  ~Sirach 3:2-6, 12-14

When the magi had departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph
in a dream and said, "Rise, take the child and his mother, flee to Egypt,
and stay there until I tell you. Herod is going to search for the child to
destroy him." Joseph rose and took the child and his mother by night and
departed for Egypt.  ~Matthew 2:13-15, 19-23

Today, on the Feast of the Holy Family, we can reflect on the joys, sorrows
and challenges of the Holy Family of Jesus, Mary and Joseph. We can
re-examine our own family life and strive to improve our relationships with
one another.  We can renew our effort to live as a Holy family, enlightened
by Christ and willing to follow God's will for us.

I pray that I may do all I can to mend relationships in my own family.  I
pray that I may use the strength God gives me to follow His call to build a
Holy family.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Clairann asks prayers for a special intention. Jim requests prayers for his
daughter who is having problems at her job. Lynn requests prayers for her
son who is trying to save his marriage. Tim asks for prayers for his wife
who needs a special intention.