<MP>Saturday, 28 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:12:23 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

St. Hesychius of Jerusalem (c. 450)
Not only is the name of today's saint a bit hard to pronounce and spell.
It's also difficult to learn about such a modest and gentle man who lived in
the fourth and fifth century and who is better known in the Russian Orthodox
Church.
The birth date of Hesychius (pronounced HESH-us) is unclear, but we know
that he was a priest and monk who wrote a history of the Church,
unfortunately lost. He also wrote about many of the burning issues of his
day. These included the heresy of Nestorianism, which held that there were
two separate persons in Jesus?one human, one divine?and the heresy of
Arianism, which denied the divinity of Christ. Some of his commentaries on
the books of the Bible as well, along with meditations on the prophets and
homilies on the Blessed Virgin Mary, still survive.   For more, follow the
link below:

Yet I, like a trusting lamb led to slaughter, had not realized that they
were hatching plots against me: "Let us destroy the tree in its vigor; let
us cut him off from the land of the living, so that his name will be spoken
no more." ~Jeremiah 11:18-20

But others said, "The Christ will not come from Galilee, will he? Does not
Scripture say that the Christ will be of David's family and come from
Bethlehem, the village where David lived?" So a division occurred in the
crowd because of him. Some of them even wanted to arrest him, but no one
laid hands on him.  ~John 7:40-53

Jesus would be put to death through no fault of his own.  He knew the tides
were turning, and that people were looking for excuses to get rid of him.
Still, he accepted the cross he was given.  Crosses come our way too ...
sometimes because of the difficulties of life, sometimes because of our
faith.  We can know that it is our responsibility to pick up those crosses
and carry them, sometimes uniting our suffering with that of Jesus.  We can
always know too, that God is always with us, that we are never alone.

I pray that I may accept the crosses that come may way.  I pray that I
remember that I am never alone.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

A member requests prayers for a very special intention that will affect the
lives of many. Jocelyn asks prayers for her husband's future with his job.
Gail, a member, asks prayers for her daughter-in-law who was diagnosed with
colon cancer. A believer requests prayers for herself, her fiancé, and their
family members, who are blending their families as they unite in marriage.

Margaret asks prayers for her son and daughter-in-law as they await the
birth of their first child that the baby be healthy and their financial
problems be solved. Cherie request prayers for her daughter, that she have a
wonderful Teen ACTS Retreat and meet a lot of new friends.

Anne prays for the  repose of the soul of her dearly departed, and that she
will now be her beloved husband in God's keeping. Therese asks prayers for a
special intention. Amy asks prayers for a special intention. A mother asks
prayers for her two sons who are struggling with depression.