<MP>Sunday, 29 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 16:24:33 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

Blessed Ludovico of Casoria (1814-1885)
Born in Casoria (near Naples), Arcangelo Palmentieri was a cabinet-maker
before entering the Friars Minor in 1832, taking the name Ludovico. After
his ordination five years later, he taught chemistry, physics and
mathematics to younger members of his province for several years.
In 1847 he had a mystical experience which he later described as a
cleansing. After that he dedicated his life to the poor and the infirm,
establishing a dispensary for the poor, two schools for African children, an
institute for the children of nobility, as well as an institution for
orphans, the deaf and the speechless, and other institutes for the blind,
elderly and for travelers. In addition to an infirmary for friars of his
province, he began charitable institutes in Naples, Florence and Assisi. He
once said, "Christ's love has wounded my heart." This love prompted him to
great acts of charity.  For more, follow the link below:

I will place my law within them and write it upon their hearts; I will be
their God, and they shall be my people. No longer will they have need to
teach their friends and relatives how to know the LORD. All, from least to
greatest, shall know me, says the LORD, for I will forgive their evildoing
and remember their sin no more. ~Jeremiah 31:31-34

Jesus answered them, "The hour has come for the Son of Man to be glorified.
Amen, amen, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls to the ground and
dies, it remains just a grain of wheat; but if it dies, it produces much
fruit. ~John 12:20-33

Lent helps us have a deeper understanding of Jesus.  We can be faithful to
God's covenant with us, knowing that He is always with us.  We can accept
the crosses of our lives too, drawing closer to God, uniting ourselves with
Jesus.  May we turn to God with all our heart this Season, appreciating
Jesus' love for us and willingly accepting our crosses.

I pray that I may be faithful to God's covenant.  I pray that I may unite my
crosses and sufferings with those of Jesus.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary requests prayers for her cousin who has colon and lung cancer. Member
asks for prayers for Granddaughter taking her ACT test for college. A mother
requests prayers for her daughter as she struggles to find a job and return
to school. Nancy from PA asks prayers for the repose of the soul of an
elderly retired priest who had resided in her parish and died suddenly in a
nursing home, that God grant him eternal rest.