<MP>Friday, 27 March 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 17:35:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

L E N T    P A G E S
Visit my "Lent" page for lots of good information ....  a count-down 'til
Easter, Lenten Reconciliation (including a very portable "Credit Card to
Heaven" to take with you, an Examination of Conscience .... all you'll need
to go to Confession except the sins.  Visit our on-line Stations of the
Cross too, illustrated by the kids of Saint Pat's School.  Our Stations and
Reconciliation aids are available both in English and Spanish.  Follow the
link from: www.frpat.com

O N - L I N E    S T A T I O N S    O F    T H E     C R O S S
Visit my on-line Stations of the Cross.  I wrote the text for children and
adults alike.  The Stations were illustrated by the children of Saint Pat's
School. They're available in English and Spanish as well. Visit the Stations
every day during Lent.  I think you'll like them a great deal.
Here's the link: www.frpat.com/stations.htm

Blessed Francis Faà di Bruno (1825-1888)
Francis, the last of 12 children, was born in northern Italy into an
aristocratic family. He lived at a particularly turbulent time in history,
when anti-Catholic and anti-papal sentiments were especially strong.
After being trained as a military officer, Francis was spotted by King
Victor Emmanuel II, who was impressed with the young man's character and
learning. Invited by the king to tutor his two young sons, Francis agreed
and prepared himself with additional studies. But with the role of the
Church in education being a sticking point for many, the king was forced to
withdraw his offer to the openly Catholic Francis and, instead, find a tutor
more suitable to the secular state.  For more, follow the link below:

The wicked said among themselves, thinking not aright: "Let us beset the
just one, because he is obnoxious to us; he sets himself against our doings,
Reproaches us for transgressions of the law and charges us with violations
of our training. ~Wisdom 2:1a, 12-22

Some of the inhabitants of Jerusalem said, "Is he not the one they are
trying to kill? And look, he is speaking openly and they say nothing to him.
Could the authorities have realized that he is the Christ? But we know where
he is from. When the Christ comes, no one will know where he is from." ~John
7:1-2, 10, 25-30

It's amazing what people will do in order to take the easy way out.
Sometimes we actually try to keep our hands over our eyes and ears so we
don't see and hear the error of our ways.  As in the first reading, we can
try to "beset the just one."  And in our Gospel not listening to Jesus
because "we know where He is from."

I pray that I may not take the easy way out but recognize the Lord and turn
back to Him with all my heart.  I pray that I may not make excuses, but ask
forgiveness for my sins and allow the Lord to be with me to help me make the
changes I need to make.  There are good Reconciliation (Confession)
resources here:  www.frpat.com/reconciliation.htm

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Kathrin asks for prayers for all the children who live in orphanages,
especially in areas where there has been war. Caroline asks prayers for a
special intention. Gen asks prayers for a special intention.

Leila is asking for prayers for a friend who just had a biopsy of his tongue
and cheek. Mary requests prayers as she seeks employment. Anne asks prayers
for two special intentions.