<MP>Saturday, 27 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 19:45:16 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. If
you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.
 www.frpat.com

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

M A R K    T W A I N    P A G E
Many years ago I created a page for my favorite author, Mark Twain. Most
of the links no longer worked so I redid the page.  There are lots of
great quotes and links.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

St. Gabriel of Our Lady of Sorrows (1838-1862 )
Born in Italy into a large family and baptized Francis, he lost his mother
when he was only four years old. He was educated by the Jesuits and,
having been cured twice of serious illnesses, came to believe that God was
calling him to the religious life. Young Francis wished to join the
Jesuits but was turned down, probably because of his age, not yet 17.
Following the death of a sister to cholera, his resolve to enter religious
life became even stronger and he was accepted by the Passionists. Upon
entering the novitiate he was given the name Gabriel of Our Lady of
Sorrows. Ever popular and cheerful, Gabriel quickly was successful in his
effort to be faithful in little things. His spirit of prayer, love for the
poor, consideration of the feelings of others, exact observance of the
Passionist Rule as well as his bodily penances?always subject to the will
of his wise superiors? made a deep impression on everyone.

For more, follow this link:

Today you are making this agreement with the LORD: he is to be your God
and you are to walk in his ways and observe his statutes, commandments and
decrees, and to hearken to his voice. ~Deuteronomy 26:16-19

But I say to you, love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you,
that you may be children of your heavenly Father, for he makes his sun
rise on the bad and the good, and causes rain to fall on the just and the
unjust. ~Matthew 5:43-48

Two days ago my Facebook status was, "Always forgive your enemies. They
hate that." Today's Gospel tells us the same thing.  If we hold onto
resentments we end up being controled by them. We become sad and angry
people.  How much better it is when we forgive others, and ask forgiveness
when we need it.

I pray that I may follow God's way.  I pray that I may grant and ask
forgiveness.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for the people of Haiti. We pray for great respect for life from
natural conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.

<MP>Morning Prayer is free, and is
Copyright XXM Father Pat Umberger,
a priest of the Diocese of La Crosse