<MP>Sunday, 28 February 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: morningprayer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:45:57 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

$2799 from O'Hare, $2859 from La Crosse
18-28 October 2010 - Map of trip is now at the Web Site
BROCHURE & SIGN-UP SHEET ARE NOW ONLINE! - SIGN UP NOW!
now been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin. 20
or fewer seats from La Crosse are available. If you're interested visit my
Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

F A C E B B O O K
Become a fan of: Fr. Pat's Morning Prayer and Fr. Pat's This Weekend on
Facebook.  Also our first Fish Fry of the season is this Friday. Become a
fan of: St. Patz Lenten Fish Fries

M A R K    T W A I N    P A G E
Many years ago I created a page for my favorite author, Mark Twain. Most
of the links no longer worked so I redid the page.  There are lots of
great quotes and links.  Just follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

L E N T    2 0 1 0
Visit my Lent Page for good links, Reconciliation resources in English and
Spanish, and my own Stations of the Cross in English and Spanish for
children and adults and illustrated by the kids of St. Pat's School.
Follow the link from: www.frpat.com

Blessed Daniel Brottier (1876-1936)
Daniel spent most of his life in the trenches?one way or another.
Born in France in 1876, Daniel was ordained in 1899 and began a teaching
career. That didn?t satisfy him long. He wanted to use his zeal for the
gospel far beyond the classroom. He joined the missionary Congregation of
the Holy Spirit, which sent him to Senegal, West Africa. After eight years
there, his health was suffering. He was forced to return to France, where
he helped raise funds for the construction of a new cathedral in Senegal.
At the outbreak of World War I Daniel became a volunteer chaplain and
spent four years at the front. He did not shrink from his duties. Indeed,
he risked his life time and again in ministering to the suffering and
dying. It was miraculous that he did not suffer a single wound during his
52 months in the heart of battle.

Join with others in being imitators of me, brothers and sisters, and
observe those who thus conduct themselves according to the model you have
in us. ~Philipians Phil 3:17?4:1

Peter and his companions had been overcome by sleep, but becoming fully
awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him. ~Luke
9:28b-36

Even after they experienced the Transfiguration, Peter, James and John
failed to understand. They would come to undertand that not only did Jesus
have to suffer and die before he would experience Glory with His Father
... the would have to give all they had as well. Glory only comes after
passion.  In our lives glory comes through a life-time of self-sacrifice.
When we strive to walk in the footsteps of Jesus, we'll be on the right
track, and be bound the the Glory the Lord wants to give us.

I pray that I may follow God's way.  I pray that I may live a life a
sacrifce, preparing myself for the glory God has in store for me.

Haiti and Chile. We pray for great respect for life from natural
conception to natural death.  We pray for an end of terrorism and
war, for the safety of our troops and their families at home.