<MP>Saturday, 21 October 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 22:42:45 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"So I say to you, Ask, and it will be given you; search, and you will find;
knock, and the door will be opened for you.  For everyone who asks receives,
and everyone who searches finds, and for everyone who knocks, the door will
be opened."  ~Luke 11:9-10

"Behold, I shall stand at the door and knock.  If any person hear my voice
and open the door, I will come in and remain with that person and that
person with me."  The knocking of God's spirit, asking God to come into our
lives, is due to no merit of ours, though it is in response to the longing
of our hearts.  We can keep a listening ear, an ear bent to catch the sound
of the gentle knocking at the door of our heart by the spirit of God.  Then
we can open the door of our hearts and let God's spirit come in.

I pray that I may let God's spirit come into my heart.  I pray that it may
fill me with an abiding peace.

Mary requests prayers for her pastor that he may stop alienating people in
the parish. Rich asks prayers for someone close to him who needs to be cured
of mental illness and receive the joy and peace of Christ our Lord. Sr.
Frances asks prayers for her brother who passed away this morning.

Ivan asks prayers for friend and recent RCIA "graduate" who has advanced ALS
and may soon need a feeding tube, and for his wife and children. Bee asks
prayers for her son who needs to be responsible and more mature in order to
keep his job. Anna asks for prayers for sister that biopsy will come out
normal.

Jan asks prayers for a good friend who is seriously ill with cancer. A
member requests prayers for her Grandson that he will find a job that makes
it possible  for him to support his family.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.

   www.stpatz.com/prayers.htm