<MP>Saturday, 10 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 20:58:29 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
We've met our goal of 36 Pilgrims!
We *do* have room for 50.  Save $100 by paying your deposit by 24 June!

We now have 36 Pilgrims who have paid deposits for our October Pilgrimage.
That's our goal.  We've reached it much earlier than ever before!  If you'd
still like to join us, you can.  Our limit though, is 50. Remember, the
early sign-up deadline is 24 June.  The price rises $100 after that date. To
go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit to Pentecost
Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:

www.frpat.com

P O D C A S T    /  G O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it at your computer or download to your MP3 player. Or, subscribe
to the free RSS Feed and download them automatically. Just follow the
"Godcast" link from:

 www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
Send a photo!

Why not send digital photos to family members and friends.  Just open an
e-mail blank in Outlook or another e-mail Program.  Address it to a family
member and friend, then insert the photo.  In Microsoft Outlook you'd
address the e-mail, then click your mouse inside the message body.  Then
click "Insert" and then either "File" or "Picture."  Find the picture on
your computer hard drive, insert it and send.  It's that simple!

     From Father Pat Umberger

"Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust
consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your
treasure is, there your heart will be also."  ~Matthew 6:20-21

The world wonders when it sees a person who can unexpectedly draw large and
unsuspected sums from the bank for some emergency.  But what the world has
not seen is the countless small sums paid into that bank, earned by faithful
work over a long time.  And so it is with the bank of the spirit.  The world
sees the person of faith make a demand on God's stores of power and the
demand is met.  The world does not see what that person has been putting in,
in thanks and praise, in prayer and communion, in small good deeds done
faithfully, steadily over the years.

I pray that I may keep making deposits in God's bank.  I pray that I may
always remember the reserve I have built up and the willingness of God to
give me all that I need.

Sue asks prayers for her brother who is having problems with his elbows and
is off work. Jim requests prayers for his daughter who is going through
difficult financial and emotional struggles. Brian asks for prayer of
support for his friend who has brain cancer.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.