<MP>Friday, 09 June 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 20:06:02 -0500

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N
Thirty-Five are now signed up.
Remember, the early sign-up deadline is 24 June.  The price rises $100 after
that date. To go on the trip you need to register with and pay your deposit
to Pentecost Tours. For complete details, follow the link from:

www.frpat.com

P O D C A S T    /  G O D C A S T
Visit the newest part of my Web Site.  Download the latest Sunday homily.
Listen to it at your computer or download to your MP3 player. Or, subscribe
to the free RSS Feed and download them automatically. Just follow the
"Godcast" link from:

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I believe that I shall see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the
living.  Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait
for the LORD!"  ~Psalm 27:13-14

Faith is believing without seeing.   It seems that I am bound by space and
time and cannot see spacelessness or eternity.  But God is not within the
shell of time and space.  God is timeless and spaceless. God cannot be fully
comprehended by our finite minds.  But we can try to make a union between
our purposes and the purposes of God.  By trying to merge our minds with the
mind of God, a oneness of purpose can result.  This oneness of purpose can
put us in harmony with God and others.  Evil can result from being in
disharmony with God.  Good comes from being in harmony with God.

I pray that I may be in harmony with God.  I pray that I may get into the
stream of goodness in the universe.

Toni asks prayers for several intentions. Marybeth asks that she and her
children will be allowed to return home to Wis. after a long, drawn-out
custody dispute in Germany. Karen asks for prayers for a dear friend who
just had corrective eye surgery and is having some complications.

Ray requests prayers for his cousin's spouse who has terminal cancer. Mother
asks prayers for daughter and fiancé getting married, trying to find a home
to live in after the wedding and struggling financially. Mary who asks for
prayers for her mother who is awaiting results of biopsy to see if her
cancer has returned; and for her 96 year old grandmother and mentally
handicapped aunt who are going to be placed in a nursing home next week.

Jeff asks for prayers for his father who is beginning chemotherapy for lung
cancer. Denise asks prayers that she may find peace and contentment in her
place of employment. A member asks prayers for a young neighbor who died
unexpectedly on Wednesday and for his young children and wife.

JP asks prayers for a friend's speedy recovery from back surgery. Mother
asks prayers for her daughter who is struggling internally from a custody
dispute that she will make good choices and know that God loves her and will
lead her down the right path for her future and that she will allow His
graces upon her. Judy asks for prayers for her friend who has been diagnosed
with pancreatic cancer.