<MP>Saturday, 09 May 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 11:25:28 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Catharine of Bologna (1413-1463)
Some Franciscan saints led fairly public lives; Catharine represents the
saints who served the Lord in obscurity.
Catharine, born in Bologna, was related to the nobility in Ferrara and was
educated at court there. She received a liberal education at the court and
developed some interest and talent in painting. In later years as a Poor
Clare, Catharine sometimes did manuscript illumination and also painted
miniatures. At the age of 17, she joined a group of religious women in
Ferrara. Four years later the whole group joined the Poor Clares in that
city. Jobs as convent baker and portress preceded her selection as novice
mistress.  For more, follow the link below:

All who were destined for eternal life came to believe, and the word of the
Lord continued to spread through the whole region. The Jews, however,
incited the women of prominence who were worshipers and the leading men of
the city, stirred up a persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled
them from their territory. So they shook the dust from their feet in protest
against them and went to Iconium. ~Acts 13:42-52

Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I
do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father.
And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be
glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it."
~John 14:7-14

Some were happy and faith-filled, others were angry. Those who were
faith-filled were destined for eternal life.  They did the works Jesus did.
Those who were angry did nothing but persecute. They are not remembered
fondly.

I pray that I may be a person of faith.  I pray that I may do the works
Jesus did, and know that my destiny is Heaven.