<MP>Saturday, 05 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 20:21:00 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Sabas (b. 439)
Born in Cappadocia (modern-day Turkey), Sabas is one of the most highly
regarded patriarchs among the monks of Palestine and is considered one of
the founders of Eastern monasticism.  After an unhappy childhood in which
he was abused and ran away several times, Sabas finally sought refuge in a
monastery. While family members tried to persuade him to return home, the
young boy felt drawn to monastic life. Although the youngest monk in the
house, he excelled in virtue.
 For more, follow the link below:

On that day your flock will be given pasture and the lamb will graze in
spacious meadows; The oxen and the asses that till the ground will eat
silage tossed to them with shovel and pitchfork. Upon every high mountain
and lofty hill there will be streams of running water. ~Isaiah 30:19-21,
23-26

Jesus sent out these Twelve after instructing them thus, ?Go to the lost
sheep of the house of Israel. As you go, make this proclamation: ?The
Kingdom of heaven is at hand.?  Cure the sick, raise the dead, cleanse
lepers, drive out demons. Without cost you have received; without cost you
are to give.? ~Matthew 9:35?10:1, 5a, 6-8

We continue with Isaiah?s dream ? a peaceable kingdom of plenty of food,
provisions and justice for all.  In today?s Gospel too, Jesus provides for
the lost sheep of the house of Israel. The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand!

I pray that I may not only trust that Isaiah?s dream will come to pass,
but that I may work to bring it about.  I pray too, that I may always be
involved in bringing about the fullness of God?s kingdom.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!