<MP>Friday, 04 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 20:53:32 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours today and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
in in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580.
No more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping
out, just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Damascene (676?-749)
John spent most of his life in the monastery of St. Sabas, near Jerusalem,
and all of his life under Muslim rule, indeed, protected by it. He was
born in Damascus, received a classical and theological education, and
followed his father in a government position under the Arabs. After a few
years he resigned and went to the monastery of St. Sabas.
 For more, follow the link below:

And out of gloom and darkness, the eyes of the blind shall see. The lowly
will ever find joy in the LORD, and the poor rejoice in the Holy One of
Israel. ~Isaiah 29:17-24

Then he touched their eyes and said, ?Let it be done for you according to
your faith.? And their eyes were opened. Jesus warned them sternly,
See that no one knows about this.? But they went out and spread word of
him through all that land. ~Matthew 9:27-31

We are called to be people of hope, trusting that the unexpected and even
the impossible are possible with God. We can hope for justice and the
lasting peace that is its result.

I pray that I may trust that all things are possible with God.  I pray
that I may work for the justice that can lead to lasting peace.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!