<MP>Sunday, 06 December 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 06:48:50 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

K N I G H T S    O F    C O L U M B U S
State District Deputies Meeting
As you know, I'm Chaplain of the Knights of Columbus for the Diocese of La
Crosse.  Today and tomorrow we'll be in Wisconsin Dells for the State
District Deputies Meeting, so Morning Prayer for tomorrow is early.
Please keep us in your prayers during these two very important days.
Thanks much!

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
In 2004 I led a wonderful Pilgrimage to Ireland, the Emerald Isle. I spoke
with Gary from Pentecost Tours, and he's putting together a
Pilgrimage to Ireland for the Fall of 2010 .... probably in October. Keep
it in the back of your mind ... or start saving your nickels. I'll let you
know when firm dates and other information is available. For now, let's
pray for the success of this wonderful Pilgrimage! If you're interested
visit my Web Site and sign up for informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Nicholas (d. 350?)
The absence of the ?hard facts? of history is not necessarily an obstacle
to the popularity of saints, as the devotion to St. Nicholas shows. Both
the Eastern and Western Churches honor him, and it is claimed that, after
the Blessed Virgin, he is the saint most pictured by Christian artists.
And yet, historically, we can pinpoint only the fact that Nicholas was the
fourth-century bishop of Myra, a city in Lycia, a province of Asia Minor.
As with many of the saints, however, we are able to capture the
relationship which Nicholas had with God through the admiration which
Christians have had for him?an admiration expressed in the colorful
stories which have been told and retold through the centuries.
 For more, follow the link below:

For God has commanded that every lofty mountain be made low, and that the
age-old depths and gorges be filled to level ground, that Israel may
advance secure in the glory of God. The forests and every fragrant kind of
tree have overshadowed Israel at God?s command; for God is leading Israel
in joy by the light of his glory, with his mercy and justice for company.
~Baruch 5:1-9

A voice of one crying out in the desert: ?Prepare the way of the Lord,
make straight his paths.
Every valley shall be filled and every mountain and hill shall be made
low. The winding roads shall be made straight, and the rough ways made
smooth, and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.? ~Luke 3:1-6

We need to prepare the way for the coming of Jesus at Christmas ? and His
coming at the end of time as well. This is the season to level the ground
and get rid of the mountains, hills and winding roads that are in the way.
The Sacrament of Reconciliation can be very helpful in this process.  We
can make room for the Lord to come to us.

I pray that I may level the ground and straighten the road for the Lord to
come to me.  I pray that I may build peace and live justly.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!