<MP>Monday, 28 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 15:33:35 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

        www.frpat.com

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.
     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"'Teacher, which commandment in the law is the greatest?'  He said to him,
"'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your
soul, and with all your mind.'  This is the greatest and first commandment.
And a second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'  On
these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.'"  ~Matthew
22:36-40

Happiness cannot be sought directly; it is a by-product of love and service.
Service is a law of our being.  With love in our hearts, there is always
some service to other people.  A life of power and joy and satisfaction is
built on love and service.  Persons who hate or are selfish are going
against the law of their own being.  They are cutting themselves off from
God and other people.  Little acts of love and encouragement, of service and
help, erase the rough places of life and help to make the path smooth.  If
we do these things, we cannot help having our share of happiness.

I pray that I may give my share of love and service.  I pray that I may not
grow weary in my attempts to do the right thing.

Terry requests prayers for her son and their family as they deal with the
after effects of him taking an overdose. A member requests prayers for her
loved ones who are dealing with some difficult relationship issues, may God
guide them towards the right path. Melva asks prayers for her daughters who
are struggling to be good single mums and are struggling with addictions,
that they get help with their addictions and continue to be good mothers to
their sons.

A member asks for prayers for her son who is expecting his first baby and
Doctors, through amniocentesis, detected that the baby is Hydrocephalic and
has Spina Bifida. Janet asks prayers for her daughter who is 18 and is
struggling with severe chemical addictions since the age of 14.

Richard in California ask prayers for his deaf and blind 94 year-old father
who broke his hip, that he may be at peace with God.  Brian asks for prayers
for his friend who committed suicide on Monday, for his wife and children,
his mother, his family and many friends.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.