<MP>Sunday, 27 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 18:57:48 -0500

Fatima / Lourdes/ Spain /France 2006

October 2-13, 2006.  Several seats may still be available. Seats will be
ticketed on 02 September.  If you'd like to join us, act now!

As always, the Pilgrimage Brochure, map of our travels, links to our Hotels
and much more are available at my Web Site.  Just click the link from:

.=:  R A F F L E    T I C K E T S  :=.
     Family Fun Fest

Our Family Fun Fest is October 15th.  It will be a great afternoon of fun
for our parishioners.  We also have Raffle Tickets available.  There are 4
$1000 prizes, a $500 prize and 5 $100 prizes.  If you'd like tickets, see
the special page at our Parish Web Site.  I appreciate the many of you who
help out in this way.  I can't remember a raffle when some of our
cyber-members weren't winners!  One of our cyber-members has won twice in
the St. Pat's Calendar Raffle already!  Just follow the link from:

       www.stpatz.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.   James 4:8

The grace of God can cure disharmony and disorder in human relationships. We
can directly put our affairs, with their confusion and their difficulties
into God's hands.  God can begin to effect a cure of all the disharmony and
disorder.  We can believe that God will cause us no more pain in the doing
of it than a physician, who plans and knows that he can effect a cure, would
cause his patient.  We can have faith that God will do all that is necessary
as painlessly as possible.  We can become willing to submit to God's
treatment, even if we cannot now see the meaning purpose of it.

I pray that I may willingly submit to whatever spiritual discipline is
necessary.  I pray that I may accept whatever it takes to live a better
life.

Lois asks for prayers for her grandson who is manic depressive and trying to
deal with suicidal thoughts. Joyce and family ask prayers for her aunt who
passed away and is finally at the end of a long road of pain, and despair.
Cliff asks prayers for his friend in St. Louis who is having cancer surgery
Tuesday, that it will be curative.

A member asks prayers for the sale of her daughter's home. Pat asks prayers
for young man who died in motorcycle accident yesterday, and for his
grieving family. Ana asks prayers for her father who will undergo a PET scan
to see if a tumor in his liver is not cancerous.