<MP>Wednesday, 30 August 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 20:37:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

"If I give away all my possessions, and if I hand over my body so that I may
boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing."  1 Corinthians 13:3

One secret of abundant living is the art of giving.  The paradox of life is
that the more we give, the more we have.  If we lose our lives in the
service of others, we will save it.  We can give abundantly and so live
abundantly.  We are rich in one respect--we have a spirit that is
inexhaustible.  We need let no mean or selfish thought keep us from sharing
this spirit.  Of love, of help, of understanding, and of sympathy, we can
give and keep giving.  We can give our personal ease and comfort, our time,
our money, and most of all ourselves.  And we will be living abundantly.

I pray that I may live to give.  I pray that I may learn the secret of
abundant living.

JaniceMarie asks prayers for her mother who is in a nursing home and is ill
and depressed. Gabriela offers a prayer of thanksgiving for a new job
opportunity that may allow her to study for a new career in ministry. Mary
asks prayers for her son.