<MP>Monday, 27 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 17:39:01 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Louis Mary de Montfort (1673-1716)
Louis's life is inseparable from his efforts to promote genuine devotion to
Mary, the mother of Jesus and mother of the Church. Totus tuus (completely
yours) was Louis's personal motto; Karol Wojtyla chose it as his episcopal
motto.
Born in the Breton village of Montfort, close to Rennes (France), as an
adult Louis identified himself by the place of his Baptism instead of his
family name, Grignion. After being educated by the Jesuits and the
Sulpicians, he was ordained as a diocesan priest in 1700.  For more, follow
the link below:

Jesus answered them and said, "Amen, amen, I say to you, you are looking for
me not because you saw signs but because you ate the loaves and were filled.
Do not work for food that perishes but for the food that endures for eternal
life, which the Son of Man will give you. For on him the Father, God, has
set his seal." So they said to him, "What can we do to accomplish the works
of God?" Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you
believe in the one he sent." ~John 6:22-29

People had a hard time understanding all the things Jesus was telling them.
Still, He had patience with them, as He has patience with us. He calls us to
believe in "the One He sent."

I pray that I may be granted the gift of understanding what God is about.  I
pray that I may believe fully in "the One He sent."