<MP>Monday, 20 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2009 14:30:17 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Conrad of Parzham (1818-1894)
Conrad spent most of his life as porter in Altoetting, Bavaria, letting
people into the friary and indirectly encouraging them to let God into their
lives. His parents, Bartholomew and Gertrude Birndorfer, lived near Parzham,
Bavaria. In those days this region was recovering from the Napoleonic wars.
A lover of solitary prayer and a peacemaker as a young man, Conrad joined
the Capuchins as a brother. He made his profession in 1852 and was assigned
to the friary in Altoetting. That city's shrine to Mary was very popular; at
the nearby Capuchin friary there was a lot of work for the porter, a job
Conrad held for 41 years.  For more, follow the link below:

As they prayed, the place where they were gathered shook, and they were all
filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with
boldness. ~Acts 4:23-31

Do not be amazed that I told you, 'You must be born from above.' The wind
blows where it wills, and you can hear the sound it makes, but you do not
know where it comes from or where it goes; so it is with everyone who is
born of the Spirit." ~John 3:1-8

We are called to be people of the Spirit, not of the flesh. Through the
Resurrection of Jesus we are born from above.  We can be amazed if we truly
put into use the Holy Spirit we have received.

I pray that I may be a person not of the flesh, but of the Spirit.  I pray
that I may be amazed at the Spirit working through me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Barb asks for prayers for Danny who has a head injury and will be moved to a
rehab hospital on Monday. Denise requests prayers for the twins in her womb
who are in danger of premature birth.