<MP>Sunday, 19 April 2009

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 19:19:02 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Luchesio and Buonadonna (d.1260)
Luchesio and his wife Buonadonna wanted to follow St. Francis as a married
couple. Thus they set in motion the Secular Franciscan Order. Luchesio and
Buonadonna lived in Poggibonzi where he was a greedy merchant. Meeting
Francis-probably in 1213-changed his life. He began to perform many works of
charity.  For more, follow the link below:

There was no needy person among them, for those who owned property or houses
would sell them, bring the proceeds of the sale, and put them at the feet of
the apostles, and they were distributed to each according to need. ~Acts
4:32-35

In this way we know that we love the children of God when we love God and
obey his commandments. For the love of God is this, that we keep his
commandments. ~1 John 5:1-6

Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so
I send you." And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to
them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. Whose sins you forgive are forgiven them,
and whose sins you retain are retained." ~John 20:19-31

God's love for us never fails.  We can continue to count on His Divine
Mercy, no matter what. Jesus offers his disciples "Peace" in today's Gospel.
Then He sends them out with the gift of the Holy Spirit.  More are brought
to faith, and many receive God's forgiveness through them.

I pray that I may never forget God's mercy and forgiveness.  I pray that I
may reflect such mercy and forgiveness in my own life!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Fanny asks for prayers so she can surmount her son's attitude since his
marriage and prays he will reconsider it soon. Fanny asks for prayers so she
can see her mother/son relationship healed and enjoy his love. Rosemary asks
prayers for special intentions.