<MP>Monday, 19 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 17:24:29 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   Due to an American Airlines Schedule change we've added a day to the
Pilgrimage, so now it's 13 days!
   Only a $50 Price increase from Chicago or JFK in New York ($2749) before
02 August
   La Crosse price stays the same ($2899) before 02 August
   *** 9 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   It may be possible to get more seats from La Crosse, but price would have
to be negotiated.
   Now flying from JFK in New York as well, for our East Coast and Canadian
members
   Remember, it has been taking up to 3 months to get a passport
   More interest has been shown in this trip than any other ... we've been
registering people almost daily

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. Theophilus of Corte (1676-1740)
If we expect saints to do marvelous things continually and to leave us many
memorable quotes, we are bound to be disappointed with St. Theophilus. The
mystery of God's grace in a person's life, however, has a beauty all its
own.  For more, click the link below:

But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, gentle,
compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without inconstancy or
insincerity. And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace for those who
cultivate peace.  ~James 3:13-18

"Mute and deaf spirit, I command you: come out of him and never enter him
again!" Shouting and throwing the boy into convulsions, it came out. He
became like a corpse, which caused many to say, "He is dead!" But Jesus took
him by the hand, raised him, and he stood up. When he entered the house, his
disciples asked him in private, "Why could we not drive the spirit out?" He
said to them, "This kind can only come out through prayer." ~Mark 9:14-29

All good things, including wisdom, come from above.  As God's people we are
meant to be pure, peaceable, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good
fruits, without inconstancy or insincerity. In our Gospel Jesus is faced
with an evil spirit and shows the mighty power of God that can remove any
barrier there is to living that kind of life.  The spirit is sent packing.
The one possessed is now free, through the power of God!

I pray that my life may be filled with wisdom, purity and peace.  I pray
that I may always know that God is able to remove any barriers in my life
that stand in the way of my freedom and this kind of life!