<MP>Tuesday, 20 May 2008J

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 21:46:43 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   Due to an American Airlines Schedule change we've added a day to the
Pilgrimage, so now it's 13 days!
   Only a $50 Price increase from Chicago or JFK in New York ($2749) before
02 August
   La Crosse price stays the same ($2899) before 02 August
   *** 9 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   It may be possible to get more seats from La Crosse, but price would have
to be negotiated.
   Now flying from JFK in New York as well, for our East Coast and Canadian
members
   Remember, it has been taking up to 3 months to get a passport
   More interest has been shown in this trip than any other ... we've been
registering people almost daily

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. Bernardine of Siena (1380-1444)
Most of the saints suffer great personal opposition, even persecution.
Bernardine, by contrast, seems more like a human dynamo who simply took on
the needs of the world. He was the greatest preacher of his time, journeying
across Italy, calming strife-torn cities, attacking the paganism he found
rampant, attracting crowds of 30,000, following St. Francis's admonition to
preach about "vice and virtue, punishment and glory." For more, click the
link below:

So submit yourselves to God. Resist the Devil, and he will flee from you.
Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you.
Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you of two minds.
~James 4:1-10

"What were you arguing about on the way?" But they remained silent. For they
had been discussing among themselves on the way who was the greatest. Then
he sat down, called the Twelve, and said to them, "If anyone wishes to be
first, he shall be the last of all and the servant of all." Taking a child,
he placed it in their midst, and putting his arms around it, he said to
them, "Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and
whoever receives me, receives not me but the One who sent me."  ~Mark
9:30-37

When we focus on the things of this world we fall into conflict with others,
give ourselves over to greed and draw away form God as well. Our First
Reading reminds us of that.  In our Gospel too, Jesus learns that his
disciples have been arguing about who was the greatest.  Taking a child, he
placed it in their midst, and putting his arms around it, he said to them,
"Whoever receives one child such as this in my name, receives me; and
whoever receives me, receives not me but the One who sent me.

I pray that I may resist the temptations of the world, including wanting to
be important.  I pray that I may submit myself to God and resist evil.  I
pray that I may draw near to God and that He will draw near to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

For healing for Father Pat's back. We pray for unity in our country and that
we may build a Culture of Life. We pray for the safety of our troops, their
safe return and their families at home.  We pray for a deep and profound
respect for life, and for the courage and willingness to stand up for life.
We pray for one another, for those who have asked our prayers and for those
who need our prayers the most. Have a good day!