<MP>Sunday, 18 May 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:27:03 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   Due to an American Airlines Schedule change we've added a day to the
Pilgrimage, so now it's 13 days!
   Only a $50 Price increase from Chicago or JFK in New York ($2749) before
02 August
   La Crosse price stays the same ($2899) before 02 August
   *** 9 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   It may be possible to get more seats from La Crosse, but price would have
to be negotiated.
   Now flying from JFK in New York as well, for our East Coast and Canadian
members
   Remember, it has been taking up to 3 months to get a passport
   More interest has been shown in this trip than any other ... we've been
registering people almost daily

We'll visit Southern Italy, Assisi, Rome and the Vatican from 10-21 November
2008. A NEW BROCHURE is available now, since it was necessary to add a day
to the itinerary due to a schedule change at American Airlines.  We'll add
some free time at Sorrento and spend another night there.  We'll have the
chance to visit Monte Cassino (St. Benedict) too, and will be able to enjoy
a free day in Rome.  There will be one more dinner on our own ... but the
price change is negligible ... just $50 more from Chicago and now from JFK
in New York and no change at all from La Crosse (benefiting from a $50
priced reduction in the flight from La Crosse and Chicago. So, it's  $2749
from Chicago or $2899 from La Crosse, Wisconsin. The NEW BROCHURE is
available on-line right now.  Please destroy any old brochures.  The NEW
BROCHURE has a photo of Sister Joselda and I on the cover, so you can keep
them separate.  For Saint Patrick Onalaska parishioners wee should have
printed brochures available in Church this weekend.  Just follow the link
from: www.frpat.com __________________________________________________

St. John I (d. 526)
Pope John I inherited the Arian heresy, which denied the divinity of Christ.
Italy had been ruled for 30 years by an emperor who espoused the heresy,
though he treated the empire's Catholics with toleration. His policy changed
at about the time the young John was elected pope. For more, follow the link
below:

Early in the morning Moses went up Mount Sinai as the LORD had commanded
him, taking along the two stone tablets. ~Exodus 34:4b-6, 8-9

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of
the Holy Spirit be with all of you. ~2 Corinthians 13:11-13

God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who
believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.  ~John 3:16-18

God the Father has given us the gift of the Law, the Ten Commandments.
Jesus, God's Son, came to us as the fulfillment of the law and the prophets.
He is the living Word of God made flesh.  He asks us to keep the
Commandments, to take up our cross and follow in His footsteps.  The love of
the Son for the Father resulted in the outpouring of the Holy Spirit whose
gifts we receive to be with us to console and strengthens us, to give us
direction and courage as we strive to follow God's call. Today we give
thanks for the gift of the Most Holy Trinity.

I pray that I may keep God's commandments, take up my cross and follow Jesus
and put the gifts of the Holy Spirit to good use in my life.  I pray that I
may know God will give me all I need in order to follow His call in my life!

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Bee asks prayers for a special intention. Mom requests prayers for daughter
to get a good teaching position. Claire asks prayers for a special
intention. Mom requests prayers for daughter to get a good teaching
position. Karl asks prayers while battling an ulcerative colitis flair up,
type 2 diabetes and depression.