<MP>Monday, 04 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 21:29:10 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

B I S H O P    L I S T E C K I ' S    I N S T A L L A T I O N
On Monday morning Father Greg and I will head to Milwaukee for Bishop
Listecki's Installation as Eleventh Archbishop of Milwaukee at the
Cathedral of Saint John the Evangelist (where I was Ordained a Priest in
1980). The Installation Mass will be broadcast live on Relevant Radio and
Webcast live on Channel 12's Web Site: wisn.com Keep Bishop Listecki in
your prayers ... and pray too, for those entrusted with choosing for us a
new Bishop.

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  First drawing is on 18 January, so
there's still time to get some calendars! If you're interested in helping
out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton (1774-1821)
Mother Seton is one of the keystones of the American Catholic Church. She
founded the first American religious community for women, the Sisters of
Charity. She opened the first American parish school and established the
first American Catholic orphanage. All this she did in the span of 46
years while raising her five children. Elizabeth Ann Bayley Seton is a
true daughter of the American Revolution, born August 28, 1774, just two
years before the Declaration of Independence. By birth and marriage, she
was linked to the first families of New York and enjoyed the fruits of
high society. Reared a staunch Episcopalian by her mother and stepmother,
she learned the value of prayer, Scripture and a nightly examination of
conscience. Her father, Dr. Richard Bayley, did not have much use for
churches but was a great humanitarian, teaching his daughter to love and
serve others.
  For more, follow this link:

We belong to God, and anyone who knows God listens to us, while anyone who
does not belong to God refuses to hear us. This is how we know the spirit
of truth and the spirit of deceit. ~1 John 3:22-4:6

From that time on, Jesus began to preach and say, ?Repent, for the Kingdom
of heaven is at hand.? He went around all of Galilee, teaching in their
synagogues, proclaiming the Gospel of the Kingdom, and curing every
disease and illness among the people. ~Matthew 4:12-17, 23-25

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

We continue to make known the Birth of Jesus. In our Gospel Jesus preaches
repentance and reaches out to cure many. We belong to God, and we are
called to help and encourage people to listen to Him. Christmas is far
from being over, as we go in peace to love and serve the Lord and help
others believe more strongly in Him.

I pray that I may remember always that I belong ot God.  I pray that I may
help others to believe in Him and follow Him as well.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!