<MP>Tuesday, 05 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 23:19:57 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

B I S H O P    L I S T E C K I ' S    I N S T A L L A T I O N
It was a great Installation Mass.  Let's keep Archbishop Listecki in our
prayers ... and pray too, for those entrusted with the responsibility of
choosing for us a new Bishop.

I R E L A N D    2 0 1 0
WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  First drawing is on 18 January, so
there's still time to get some calendars! If you're interested in helping
out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. John Neumann (1811-1860)
Perhaps because the United States got a later start in the history of the
world, it has relatively few canonized saints, but their number is
increasing. John Neumann was born in what is now the Czech Republic. After
studying in Prague, he came to New York at 25 and was ordained a priest.
He did missionary work in New York until he was 29, when he joined the
Redemptorists and became its first member to profess vows in the United
States. He continued missionary work in Maryland, Virginia and Ohio, where
he became popular with the Germans. At 41, as bishop of Philadelphia, he
organized the parochial school system into a diocesan one, increasing the
number of pupils almost twentyfold within a short time.

Beloved, let us love one another, because love is of God; everyone who
loves is begotten by God and knows God. ~1 John 4:7-10

They all ate and were satisfied. And they picked up twelve wicker baskets
full of fragments and what was left of the fish. Those who ate of the
loaves were five thousand men. ~Mark 6:34-44

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

Jesus reminds us of the centrality of love. We see the bounty too, of a
gift that didn't seem like it was enough, but turned out to be more than
anybody expected.  May we not hold back on sharing our gifts and talents,
and on our love for those around us.

I pray that I may be a person who loves, a person who knows God.  I pray
that I may not withhold my gifts and talents ... and that I may trust that
when I share them they'll be plenty

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!