<MP>Sunday, 03 January 2010

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 19:57:27 -0600 (CST)

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

WE HAVE AN ITINERARY: We have a tentative Itinerary for the trip. Follow
the link from www.frpat.com for details. Land arrangements, hotels and
pricing will be on the way soon!
Ireland Pilgrimage are 18-28 October 2010. Air Space has now
been reserved from La Crosse, WI and O'Hare Aiport in Chicago. It
will be a non-stop flight on American Airlines from O'Hare to Dublin.
More information and a complete itinerary will be on the way very soon!
Keep this great Pilgrimage in the back of your mind ... or start saving
your nickels. I'll let you know when firm dates and other information is
available. For now, let's pray for the success of this wonderful
Pilgrimage! If you're interested visit my Web Site and sign up for
informational e-mails.  www.frpat.com

Here's a great way to help Saint Patrick's Parish and have something to
look forward to all year long. Our Adesse Raffle Calendars offer a prize
every day in 2010 ... from $30 to $500 each day.  Prizes total $16,580. No
more than 3000 calendars are sold.  If you're interested in helping out,
just follow the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Most Holy Name of Jesus
In a world of fiercely guarded corporate names and logos, it should be
easy to understand this feast. The letters IHS are an abbreviation of
Jesous, the Greek name for Jesus. Although St. Paul might claim credit for
promoting devotion to the Holy Name because Paul wrote in Philippians that
God the Father gave Christ Jesus ?that name that is above every name? (see
2:9), this devotion became popular because of 12th-century Cistercian
monks and nuns but especially through the preaching of St. Bernardine of
Siena, a 15th-century Franciscan.  For more, follow this link:

Rise up in splendor, Jerusalem!  Your light has come, the glory of the
Lord shines upon you. See, darkness covers the earth, and thick clouds
cover the peoples; but upon you the LORD shines, and over you appears his
glory. ~Isaiah 60:1-6

And behold, the star that they had seen at its rising preceded them, until
it came and stopped over the place where the child was. They were
overjoyed at seeing the star, and on entering the house they saw the child
with Mary his mother. They prostrated themselves and did him homage. Then
they opened their treasures and offered him gifts of gold, frankincense,
and myrrh. And having been warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they
departed for their country by another way.  ~Matthew 2:1-12

Scripture for the Day: http://www.usccb.org/nab/

Jesus came as light, the light of the world. The Three Kings, on Epiphany,
came to the manger bearing gifts.  They had left positions of privilege
and authority to experience to follow the star ... then returned to their
homes by another way to make known what they had seen.  We have come to
the manger as well, and we need to make known Jesus, the light of the
world, as well.

I pray that I may come with faith to the manger.  I pray that I may help
others understand the importance of the birth of Jesus and help them find
the light He is for us.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

We pray for unity in our country and that we may build a Culture of Life.
We pray for the safety of our troops, their safe return and their families
at home.  We pray for a deep and profound respect for life, and for the
courage and willingness to stand up for life. We pray for one another, for
those who have asked our prayers and for those who need our prayers the
most. Have a good day!