<MP>Friday, 29 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:35:20 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

St. Oswald (d. 992)
The last acts in the life of today's saint make for an amazing story. In
truth, they merely underscore the holiness he exhibited throughout his life.
Born into a military family in 10th-century England, Oswald was a nephew of
the archbishop of Canterbury, who raised him and played a crucial role in
his early education. Oswald continued his studies abroad in France, where he
became a Benedictine monk.  For more, follow the link below:

Thus says the LORD: Return, O Israel, to the LORD, your God; you have
collapsed through your guilt.  ~Hosea 14:2-10

One of the scribes came to Jesus and asked him, ?Which is the first of all
the commandments?? Jesus replied, ?The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The
Lord our God is Lord alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your
heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.  ~ Matthew
12:28-34

Nobody had the courage to ask him any more questions!  As the Lord calls us
to return to Himself, we're confronted with the fact that collapse through
our own guilt.  When asked which was the first of all the commandments,
Jesus replied,: ?The first is this: Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is Lord
alone! You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your
soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength." They were quite
satisfied.  It wasn't so hard to love God.  But Jesus continued with the
true challenge, "The second is this: You shall love your neighbor as
yourself."

I pray that I may turn back to the Lord with all my heart.  I pray that my
love for God may be lived out through my love of those around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Diana asks for prayers for daughter's fiancé who  was given 2 weeks to leave
his father's house. A member asks for prayers for her granddaughter and her
husband that they will make the right decision about accepting new jobs.
Mary asks for prayers for several friends, relatives, and their families,
who are in various stages from the ravages of cancer, its treatment, or its
aftermath to receive the strength and blessings to deal with this scourge.

Tina asks prayers for a special intention. Katy asks prayers for her
granddaughter who is having treatment for cancer. Karl in PA thanks God for
prayers answered and asks everyone to pray for someone in WV who is
struggling with mental illness. Terrie asks for prayer for a Sister who is
very sick in ICU.

All families going to Georgia to say good-bye to their National Guard kids
as they go back to Iraq in March. Mary Ann asks prayers for those in the
National Guard going back to Iraq, and for their families who travel to say
goodbye.