<MP>Thursday, 28 February 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 22:47:20 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

Blessed Daniel Brottier (1876-1936)
Daniel spent most of his life in the trenches-one way or another. Born in
France in 1876, Daniel was ordained in 1899 and began a teaching career.
That didn't satisfy him long. He wanted to use his zeal for the gospel far
beyond the classroom. He joined the missionary Congregation of the Holy
Spirit, which sent him to Senegal, West Africa. After eight years there, his
health was suffering. He was forced to return to France, where he helped
raise funds for the construction of a new cathedral in Senegal. For more,
click the link below:

Thus says the LORD: This is what I commanded my people: Listen to my voice;
then I will be your God and you shall be my people. Walk in all the ways
that I command you, so that you may prosper.  ~ Jeremiah 7:23-28

If I, then, drive out demons by Beelzebul, by whom do your own people drive
them out? Therefore they will be your judges.
But if it is by the finger of God that I drive out demons, then the Kingdom
of God has come upon you.  ~Luke 11:14-23

God tells us that when we walk in His ways, we will prosper.  We need not
think of God's ways as being restrictive.  We can appreciate God's way and
His law as freeing and providing for us. We can acknowledge that God is more
powerful than anything, and that Jesus drove out demons by the finger of
God.  We can trust in this power and know that the Kingdom of God is upon
us.

I pray that I may see God's ways as being helpful to me, and bringing me
freedom.  I can remember that God is more powerful than anything, and that
God can take away my sins.  I pray that I may always hope and trust in God.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Debbie asks for prayers for a friend whose 1 year old granddaughter is
gravely ill. Greg asks for prayers for his brother-in-law who will be having
surgery to remove 3/4's of his leg. Colleen asks prayers for a special
intention. Deb asks prayers for her adult children who are struggling to
find their way in the adult world. Anthony asks prayers for his wife who has
breast cancer.

Kim successful chemo tomorrow and healing and miracles to continue. A friend
asks prayers for two very dear friends who are suffering through cancer,
radiation and chemo. Ann asks prayers for her niece, who is in her last
trimester of pregnancy; that everything will come out ok with Baby and all.
Mary asks prayers for a special intention.