<MP>Saturday, 01 March 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:25:12 -0600

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

ANOTHER VISIT TO MAYO
I had two doctor appointments at Mayo Clinic today.  The eye pressure is
still very high, more than two weeks after surgery.  We decided not to do
any more surgeries, lest they interfere with the other eye even more. So,
we'll wait a month and see if there is still high pressure and pain.  If
there isn't, we'll leave the eye as it is.  If not, we'll remove it.  All
will work out for the best! Keep me in your prayers and know you're
remembered in mine as well!

PILGRIMAGE 2008
Southern Italy, Rome, Assisi and the Vatican
Join us on a great Pilgrimage from 10-21 November 2008
$2699 from Chicago and $2899 from La Crosse
Visit my Web Site for the brochure:  www.frpat.com

St. David of Wales (d. 589?)
David is the patron saint of Wales and perhaps the most famous of British
saints. Ironically, we have little reliable information about him. It is
known that he became a priest, engaged in missionary work and founded many
monasteries, including his principal abbey in southwestern Wales. Many
stories and legends sprang up about David and his Welsh monks. Their
austerity was extreme. They worked in silence without the help of animals to
till the soil. Their food was limited to bread, vegetables and water. For
more, follow the link below:

"Come, let us return to the LORD, it is he who has rent, but he will heal
us; he has struck us, but he will bind our wounds. ~Hosea 6:1-6

But the tax collector stood off at a distance and would not even raise his
eyes to heaven but beat his breast and prayed,
'O God, be merciful to me a sinner.' ~Luke 18:9-14

God's forgiveness is extraordinary!  No matter how bad our sins, God waits
for us to return to Him, to forgive us and heal us.  I can remember more
than ever during this Holy Season that the Lord awaits my return.  He waits
with open arms to welcome me to a closer relationship with Him.

I pray that I may never forget God's mercy and compassion.  I pray that I
may return to the Lord with all my heart and receive the forgiveness God
offers, that I may enter an even deeper relationship with Him and those
around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Ray asks prayers for two cousins, one with a brain tumor, with only a short
time to live and one back in the hospital after a setback from MS. Cecilia
asks prayers for a special intention. MP prays that her nephew successfully
finishes his high school studies and that he soon gets a placement for his
college education.

Par asks for prayers for someone who has become addicted to pain killer and
is in serious trouble. Marilyn asks prayers for a special intention. Rose
asks prayers for someone who had a severe stroke, that God will completely
heal her.