<MP>Friday, 28 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 18:44:11 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E
Seats to be ticketed on 04 October.
43 are signed up ... five spaces remain.

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"I am with you , says the Lord of hosts. This is the pact that I made with
you when you cam out of Egypt, And my spirit continues in your midst; do not
fear!"  ~Haggai 2:1-9

Jesus said to them "But who do you say that I am.? Peter said in reply, "The
Christ of God." He rebuked them and directed them not to tell this to
anyone.  ~Luke 9:18-22

Saint Wenceslaus
was born near Prague to the Duke of Bohemia around 907. He was raised a
Christian by his grandmother Ludmilla. His work in uniting Bohemia, making
peace with Germany and supporting the Church caught attention and he was
opposed even by his brother Boleslav who plotted against him. On his way to
Mass he was attacked by Boleslav and killed by Boleslav's supporters.
Wenceslaus was hailed as a martyr for the faith.

Wenceslaus worked for unity in Christ's name. The disciples of Jesus were
called to do the same. Jesus told them that "The Son of Man must suffer
greatly ..." Following Christ has a price.

I pray that I may work for unity and peace in Christ's name. I pray that I
may not shrink from my call out of fear of what might happen to me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Gillian asks for prayers for her friend who is struggling with cancer. A
member requests prayers for two young families who have lost their fathers,
policemen in the line of duty. Tim asks for prayers for his wife who is in
need of a special intention. Pavitra asks prayers for healing after
receiving a PTSD diagnosis due to past trauma.

James Robert asks prayers for two intentions. Joe asks for prayers for his
brother who is going through a strained marriage. Carol asks prayers for a
special intention. Marie requests prayers of thanksgiving for her
granddaughter's successful recovery from a recent serious illness.

A mother ask prayers that the lawyer will be able to get charges against her
daughter dropped. Steve asks prayers for his sister. Marlo asks prayers for
her mother who is currently diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer, that she
may respond to chemotherapy and other means to have her life prolonged.