<MP>Saturday, 29 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 20:19:03 -0500

F A M I L Y    F U N    F E S T

St. Pat's annual Fall Fun Fest is October 13th. There will be food,
entertainment and fun for people of all ages.  There are also Raffle Tickets
available.  If you live close to us, why not join us.  Or, perhaps you'd
like to help us by purchasing some raffle tickets.  You can learn more at:
www.stpatz.com

F A M I L Y    A N D   F R I E N D S
Encourage them to Subscribe to Morning Prayer!

If you enjoy Morning Prayer, why not forward a copy to family members and
friends. Many seem to enjoy the new format.  Some say that they like to
attend Daily Mass, but cannot always do so.  Morning Prayer keeps them in
touch with the daily Scriptures and Saint of the day. Not all priests preach
on all weekdays. Morning Prayer provides a short reflection and a concrete
way to apply Scriptures to our lives. Clergy too, appreciate the simple
ideas found in both Morning Prayer and This Weekend.  Family members and
friends can learn more by following the banner link from:  www.frpat.com

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E
43 are signed up - 5 seats remain.
Seats will be ticketed on 04 October!

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

"War broke out in heaven; Michael and his angels battled against the dragon.
The dragon and its angels fought back, but they did not prevail and there
was no longer any place for them in heaven."  !Revelation 12:7-12

"In the sight of the angels I will sing your praises Lord."  ~Psalm 138

"Amen, amen, I say to you, you will see heaven opened and the angels of God
ascending and descending on the Son of Man."

Feast of Saints Michael, Gabriel and Raphael, Archangels
"Their splendor shows us your greatness, which surpasses in goodness the
whole of creation. " ~Mass Preface

Michael appears at the head of the heavenly hosts, the conqueror of Satan in
the great battle of end time (First Reading from Revelation). Gabriel is the
messenger who announces the birth of John the Baptist and that of Jesus.
Raphael appears in the Old Testament Book of Tobit as a guide to Tobit's son
Tobiah.  Michael protects; Gabriel announces; Raphael guides.

So often we seek God's protection and guidance. We stand in need of what God
has to offer. We can see in God's Holy Angels God's protection,
communication and guidance in ways that we'll never understand, but will be
of great value.

I pray that I can trust that God cares for me.  I pray that I can see His
presence in those around me, and allow God to work through me too, to speak
God's wisdom, and help to provide His guidance and protection.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Mary Jane requests prayers for herself and her doctor as she undergoes
surgery on 10-4-07. Luvina offers gratitude for her daughter's clear cancer
scan and requests prayers for her impending series of treatments. Bill asks
for prayers of thanksgiving for a good report on his prostate cancer.

Dennis asks for your prayers for his young family who is struggling with the
challenges of caring for an elderly parent. Juanita requests prayers of
thanksgiving for the blessing God gave at her daughter's wedding. Salvation
ask prayers for the success of her surgery on 10/16/07.

Charla asked prayers for friend's father who has brain and lung cancer and a
tumor in his neck. Mike asks prayers for his father who is undergoing
exploratory surgery on his lung.

Jean asks prayers for her daughter who is suffering from a severe depression
that God will lift her burdens and give her peace of mind. Karan asks
prayers that she may find some way to pay her real-estate taxes before the
county takes her home. Matt asks prayers for a good trip to Duluth with his
brother-in-law.