<MP>Thursday, 27 September 2007

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 20:39:24 -0500

J O I N    S I S T E R    J O S E L D A    A N D    M E
Seats will be ticketed on October 4th!

A great Pilgrimage to the Holy Land - 04-15 November 2007!
Several seats are still available.
We have room for FIVE TRAVELERS.
Four more signed up yesterday!

Follow the link from:  www.frpat.com

R E L E V A N T    R A D I O

Father Pat appeared on Relevant Radio for a half-hour interview on Internet
Evangelization.  If you missed it you might be able to listen to an archived
version.  The show, "Morning Air." www.relevantradio.com

     From Father Pat Umberger

Thursday of the Twenty-Fifth Week in Ordinary Time, Year C.

"You have sown much, but have brought in little; you have eaten, but have
not been satisfied; you have drunk, but have not been exhilarated; have
clothed yourselves, but not been warmed; And whoever earned wages earned
them for a bag with holes in it."  Haggai 1:1-8

Herod was greatly perplexed because some were saying, "John has been raised
from the dead"; others were saying, "Elijah has appeared"; still others,
"One of the ancient prophets has arisen." Luke 9:7-9

Saint Vincent de Paul 1581-1660
Vincent de Paul was ordained a priest and served in a parish in Paris.  He
founded the Congregation of the Mission to look over priestly formation and
help the poor.  With the help of Saint Louise de Marillac he also founded
the Congregation of the Daughters of Charity.  Vincent de Paul Societies are
still found in many parishes.  Saint Vincent de Paul stores sell used and
new items at a discounted price to help those in need.

Those living in the time of Haggai delayed building the house of the Lord,
preferring to build up riches for themselves, yet ending up unsatisfied.
Herod hears about Jesus, but eventually preserves his own wealth and power
by making sure He is executed. And then Vincent De Paul joins the ranks of
so many of the Saints who give their all for the Church and for the poor.
Our lives are greatly shaped by deciding what is the most important to us.

I pray that I can empty myself by building up the Body of Christ.  I pray
that those who are in need will find in me a generous friend.  I pray that I
can be a worthy example to those around me.

.=: W E     P R A Y  :=.

Lil ask prayers for herself, she has inner ear imbalance that God will put
his healing hands on her and heal her dizziness. A mother requests prayers
for her daughters - one who is traveling today and the other who is
suffering from a brain injury. Marie asks prayers for a special intention.

Karen asks prayers for her brother-in-law in California, that he finds a
good job soon. Lora ask for prayers for the recovery of someone who was
critically injured in a car wreck 22 August and is still in ICU in the
trauma center. Bill asks prayers for financial help to pay his house
payment.

Gina asks prayers for someone who has leukemia. Mary asks continued prayers
for someone who became a paraplegic a year-and-a-half ago. Tasha asks
prayers for her family and God's delicate care for us during the grieving
process.