<MP>Friday, 20 June 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 18:27:10 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

I ' M    H O M E    A G A I N

Hi everybody!  I'm back home again, after 4 days in ICU and another three
days at Franciscan Skemp Medical Center in La Crosse.  We'll be receiving
complete results in the next days, and I'll let you know as soon as we're
sure.  I was getting weaker and weaker, complicated by injuries from a fall
on ice that got worse and worse.  I ended up badly dehydrated, had kidney
problems and lots of other things that it is taking seven doctors a long
time to figure out.  I'm sorry I wasn't able to provide Morning Prayer
during that time, but I visited the Doctor last Friday and had some tests.
Before I got home again he called and said I needed to turn around and head
for the hospital.  And that's where I've been.  Morning Prayer is written
freshly each and every day. Thanks so much for your concern and prayerful
support.   It's precious to me.  Let's keep one another in prayer as we
appreciate the joys and work through the challenges life presents.  It's
good to be home again!

P I L G R I M A G E    2 0 0 8
   10-22 November 2008

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Paulinus of Nola (354?-431)
Anyone who is praised in the letters of six or seven saints undoubtedly must
be of extraordinary character. Such a person was Paulinus of Nola,
correspondent and friend of Augustine, Jerome, Melania, Martin, Gregory and
Ambrose.  For more, follow the link below:

Jesus said to his disciples: "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on
earth, where moth and decay destroy, and thieves break in and steal. But
store up treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor decay destroys, nor
thieves break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there also will your
heart be. ~Matthew 6:19-23

From time to time life reminds us of what is really and truly important.
After spending a week in the hospital I'm reminded of how little we actually
need to live well, and how often we take our health for granted. How much
better it is when we don't work for the things that decay, but rather store
up treasures in heaven.  We can be filled with the light of Christ, and
spread this brightness to all those around us.

I pray that I may not squander my time and energy running after things that
do not last, but rather store up treasures in heaven by working for the
things that do.  I pray that I my learn this lesson early, and maximize my
life in the light of Christ, as I provide a good example for those around me
to follow.

Keep me in your prayers and know you're remembered in mine as well.   May
God continue to draw near to you and those you love and keep you safe!

All the best and God Bless,

Fr. Pat's Web Site
Reaching Out
Parish Site