<MP>Saturday, 21 June 2008

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 19:02:55 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     From Father Pat Umberger

B A C K    T O    T H E    H O S P I T A L

I'll be returning to the Hospital early tomorrow morning.  I had further
tests this morning and the doctor believes immediate hospitalization and
treatment is necessary.  I hope to be back home again in four or five days.
Keep me in your prayers as you have ... and know you remain in mine as well.
Bye the way, it was *glorious* to be back home again, even for one day!

   Now departing from 3 Cities:  La Crosse, WI, Chicago (ORD) and New York
(JFK)
   *** 12 of the 26 seats we're holding from La Crosse have already been
taken.
   Use the NEW BROCHURE ... on-line now at www.frpat.com
   The new brochure has a picture of Fr. Pat and Sister Joselda on the
cover.

St. Aloysius Gonzaga (1568-1591)
The Lord can make saints anywhere, even amid the brutality and license of
Renaissance life. Florence was the "mother of piety" for Aloysius Gonzaga
despite his exposure to a "society of fraud, dagger, poison and lust." As a
son of a princely family, he grew up in royal courts and army camps. His
father wanted Aloysius to be a military hero.  For more, follow the link
below:

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or
drink, or about your body, what you will wear.
Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the
birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns,
yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  ~Matthew 6:24-34

Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient
for a day is its own evil."

As I prepare to return to the hospital I'm struck by how easy it is to worry
about our lives, what we'll et or drink or wear.  How important it is to
trust completely in our heaveny Father who cares for all our needs.  How
important too, to live one day at a time, not worrying about tomorrow ... it
will take care of itself.  Today has sufficient troubles of its own!

I pray that I may continue to appreciate and work for those things that
last.  I pray that I may enjoy this day, just as God has given it to me.  I
pray that I may not become overwhelmed, but know always that I am not alone
... that God is with me.