<MP>Friday, 12 May 2006

  • From: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Fr. Pat Umberger" <frpat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 19:22:07 -0500

.=:  M O R N I N G    P R A Y E R  :=.
     from Father Pat Umberger

M A Y    C R O W N I N G    P H O T O S

Yesterday was an exciting day at Saint Pat's! Visit our Parish Site for
photos from this morning's May Crowning.  The kids of Saint Pat's School
were dressed up in their First Communion finery and crown Mary Queen of May.
Just follow the link from:

       www.frpat.com

M O T H E R ' S    D A Y  /  M A R Y ' S    M O N T H

Visit my Web Site for my Mother's Day Page an Mary's Page, too.  Learn more
about what we, as Catholics, believe about Mary.  Our Mother's Day Church
Blessing is there, too.  There are also lots of great links and Mother's Day
pass-alongs.

F A T I M A / L O U R D E S / S P A I N / L I S I E U X / P A R I S
Portugal, Spain and France) Twenty-one are currently signed up.
For complete details, follow the link from:

        www.frpat.com

T E C H    T I P    F R O M    F A T H E R    P A T
Ten ways you can teach your kids to improve their Web safety. Just click the
link:

   http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/children/kidsonlinetips.mspx

     From Father Pat Umberger

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate
your enemy.'  But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who
persecute you, so that you may be children of your Father in heaven; for he
makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the
righteous and on the unrighteous.  ~Matthew 5:43-45

We can turn out all thoughts of doubt and fear and resentment.  We need not
tolerate them.  We can bar the windows and doors of our minds against them,
as we would bar our homes against a thief who would steal in to take away
our treasures.  What greater treasures can we have than faith and courage
and love?  All these can be stolen from us by doubt and fear and resentment.
We can face each day with peace and hope.  They are the results of true
faith in God.  Faith can give us a feeling of protection and safety that we
can get in no other way.

I pray that I may feel protected and safe, but not only when I am in the
harbor.  I pray that I may have protection and safety even in the midst of
the storms of life.

Mother requests prayers for her daughter to find a house to rent suitable
for her two children with severe asthma. Margaret asks prayers for her son
that he may find a new job soon and for her other son that he may have his
marriage blessed as promised. Sheila asks prayers for her husband who is
donating and for their deacon friend who is the recipient of a kidney
transplant on the 16th of May.

Tommy asks prayers for his nephews who are ill and will have surgery. A
mother asks prayers that her son will feel the love God has for him and gain
courage to listen to God again and regain his will so live.

A.J. Russell, ed. Forward to friends,
but please leave this tag intact.